Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on SFBF solo rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nedpatrick
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Question on SFBF solo rules Reply with quote

I just picked up a copy of Star Fleet Battle Force from my FLGS and I have been trying it out. I am a little confused about the solitaire rules.

As I understand it, you deal cards to the enemy side until you find a weapon card that a ship can use. You then deal cards to that ship until you get to a weapon card that the ship cannot use. Any defense or repair cards are kept in the enemy's hand and are used for defense and repair. What is happening is that the enemy is getting a huge stockpile of defensive and repair cards, so the enemy can repair all damage and defend against any attack I throw at him.

Am I using the rules correctly?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. that avatar (Klingon, dagger, trefoil) is reserved for SVC only. Please pick another.

2. Please email your question to Rules@StarFleetGames.com as we cannot answer SFBF questions in real time on this forum.
nedpatrick
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
1. that avatar (Klingon, dagger, trefoil) is reserved for SVC only. Please pick another.

Pardon me. I guess I have good taste. Very Happy
nedpatrick
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for breaching avatar etiquette the other day. I'm a big fan of ADB's games. I hope someone can answer my rules question soon. Thanks.
droberts441
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Question on SFBF solo rules Reply with quote

nedpatrick wrote:
As I understand it, you deal cards to the enemy side until you find a weapon card that a ship can use...Am I using the rules correctly?
I know this is an old post, but I just found it. I don't think it says you deal until you find one that they can use.

It says "Continue to deal cards until you turn up a weapon which that ship cannot fire." I see where you are coming from, but I think that even if the first card you flip is a weapon that can't be fired by any available ship, it stops there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: