Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boxes for Star Fleet Battle Force Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Boxes for Star Fleet Battle Force Cards Reply with quote

I recently purchased Star Fleet Battle Force and after I opened the game and played a round, I was thinking about how to put the cards in the box for storage. I didn't want to "rubber band" the cards.

I did some searching on the internet and I found this link:

http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi

I made up some of the tuckboxes. See pictures below. Two boxes contain the cards that came with the game. 66 in each box. The third box is used for the cards that I printed from the Captain's logs.

Set the width to 2.3”, the height to 3.5”, and the thickness to 0.9”. The cards are slightly loose in the box. You can adjust the numbers up or down as you want.

For the title on the box, I used (obviously) Star Fleet Battle Force.

I printed the boxes on 65 pound card stock. I did the first page only, then flipped the paper and printed page two. It took me a piece of practice paper to get the box lined up with the title words.

For the bottom of the box, I chose glued over tucked but tucked should work as well.

I first used my HP 4150 desk jet printer. I had some trouble getting the title words to line up. You can practice on regular paper and hold it up to the light to see how the title words line up.

I had to use my Canon laser printer to get the title words to line up.

If you cant get the title words to line up, don’t put any. You can use stickers or you can glue your own pictures to the box. Be creative.

http://members.cox.net/ashman/Pic1x.jpg

http://members.cox.net/ashman/Pic2x.jpg

The dice and damage counters fill in the space surrounding the 3 boxes. The main game box closes well and everything fits really well together.

SVC said I could post the link and information on the tuckboxes on the FC forum so that others can make these boxes as well.

Eric is going to post it on the web page of useful links.

Let me know what you think of them.
Rich Stokes
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some pretty sweet boxes.

I did something similar, but yours are nicer than what I ended up with!
Finarvyn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a couple of sets but haven't gotten them yet. I hadn't thought at all about card storage, but your boxes seem pretty neat so I'll have to try my hand at making some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: