Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anyone actually doing this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texastwister
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Is anyone actually doing this? Reply with quote

Is anyone actually playing by email? If not, any ideas why not -- is it just to lengthy and involved?

I'm intrigued by the idea, but would obviously would need to find an opponent and a moderator. And a post or two every year or two is not encouraging Smile
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if anyone is doing FedComm by email.

For that matter, I've gone to the FedComm-Online a few times and only once have I found anyone willing to play FedComm. Most players there are SFB players doing tournaments or campaigns. Plus, I was just doing the "freebie" version, so maybe they weren't interested in someone doing that.
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.
I was thinking about getting into FedCom online if I could budget it next year; it's sad to know that there are so few people there that are looking to play.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't base your opinion about FedComm-Online just by what I posted. Remember, that was only a few visits and wasn't enough to say definitively one way or the other.

I liked the system. It has lots of possibility, especially for those who don't have many (or any) local opponents. It takes some getting used to, but probably no more than computer games.

You can always try the freebie Fed CA vs. Klingon D7 situation that doesn't cost you a thing. Can't hurt to try.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't renew my FC online subscription due to lack of players. But if you want to give it a shot I'm up for it -- assuming time zones and all that work out. We can try the demo freebie ships.

Hey - if ya want, post your info on the "Virtual Deodorant" thread in the FC & SFB Online section. Maybe there are some players around...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: