|What is a Battle Group?|
A battle group is an organized group of players, who meet regularly, and stay in touch with each other. A battle group might play SFB, FC, F&E, Prime Directive, Starmada - any or all of our games. You don't need permission to form a battle group, but if you do (or already have) then we want to know about it, so we can support and honor your group.
We have created a page on our website listing the known battle groups. Each battle group has a sub-page containing contact information and reports on their recent activities.
This page has an index of the battle group sub-pages (one sub-page for each battle group, and there are only two so far, one being Battlegroup Murfreesboro, the other being Battle Group Colorado), and advice on how to form and grow a battle group, as well as links to key things already on the website that you may not know are there. If your battle group has its own website, we'll put a link on your sub-page to that website.
What Does a Battle Group do?
A battle group does whatever its members want to do.
* Battle groups don't have to run demos, but those battle group members that do get credit as Rangers and these get listed on the battle group's sub-page.
* Battle groups don't have to do playtesting, but if they do, participating members get the campaign ribbons for the products they test. We will, every month, email all known battle groups a new ship or scenario to playtest for SFB and for FC.
* Battle groups don't have to have a group newsletter, but if they do one and send it to us, we'll post it on their sub-page and post links to it. (Reading what other groups are doing may give your group some ideas.)
* Members of a battle group don't have to register on Starlist, but if you do you can note that in your listing.
* Battle group leaders listed on Starlist will have their entries "flagged" so that any time someone requests Starlist for your area, you'll get a copy of the Email to the new player.
* Battle groups don't have to attend conventions, but if they do (and run events there) the judge of the event gets the usual rewards and the details will be reported on their sub-page.
* Battle groups do not have to attend Origins, but if they do, this will be noted on their sub-page and they will be recognized during the seminars.
* Battle groups don't have to have a retail store as a home base, but if one does, we'll list the store on our retailer list and we'll note this in the battle group's listing on Starlist, and on their sub-page.
* Battle groups don't have to subscribe to Hailing Frequencies, but their activities will be mentioned there.
Battle groups don't have to do anything, but if you do something, we'll make sure everybody knows about it. A summary of battle group reports will appear in Captain's Log as well as in Hailing Frequencies, the official ADB, Inc., page on Facebook, and in the battle group topic on the BBS. (Your battle group can create a topic for itself on the Forum.)
Battle Group Benefits
Most of these benefits are listed above. Here are more:
Every battle group may create a battle group flag or emblem, which we will place on their sub-page and which the members can use on their own websites, pages on Facebook, avatars, or whatever.
The leader of any recognized, active, and well-run battle group will have the prestigious Command in Space badge added to their Wall of Honor page.
So, if you have a group (or create one) let us know!
|Copyright © 1991-2012 Amarillo Design Bureau, All Rights Reserved||Updated 19 July 2007|